Anime-Joy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Ruleset - under possible revision as part of forum cleanup

4 posters

Go down

New Ruleset - under possible revision as part of forum cleanup Empty New Ruleset - under possible revision as part of forum cleanup

Post by Zero Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:03 am

The following are major chat offenses which will not be tolerated. Users will usually be allowed one warning on these topics.

• Do NOT post sexually graphic language, images, or other content.
• Do NOT mention rape or sexual assault.
• Do NOT use slurs based on race, sexual orientation, gender, or other categories. There will be NO tolerance for hate speech.
• Do NOT engage in malicious speech based on race, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, nationality, or other traits.
• Do NOT engage in flaming or verbal harassment of others.

The following are minor chat offenses which usually warrant at least one warning:

The following are minor chat offenses which usually warrant at least one warning:

• Do not speak in languages other than English.
(Commonly accepted phrases from anime or elsewhere are evaluated on a case-by-case basis)

Rules regarding outside links:

• Do not post links to content which violates any of our chat rules.
• Do not advertise in general in our chat.
• Do not advertise or post links to other anime sites or chatango rooms.
(Myanimelist.net is acceptable, as are anime links within the domain of anime-joy.tv) • Make sure your text and name are legible and visible.
• Both text and name should be easily readable without straining eyes.

Do not engage in potentially annoying behaviour such as:

• Flooding (unnecessarily lengthy posts; usually those that take up four or more lines of space)
• Scrolling (unnecessarily splitting a single message into several lines)
• Spamming (excessive repeated messages or messages containing no meaningful content, for example "asfnsdjngfjngfjgnfn")
• Excessive use of capitalized characters (occasional capitalization is fine, but fully capitalized messages several times in a row is NOT)
• No spoilers are allowed for ongoing or recently released content* for up to 5 months after release.
*this includes all media forms, not only anime. Books, movies, shows, and others are included. (If a new season or sequel is announced for the content after 5 months have passed, spoilers are again disallowed until 5 months after completion of the new content.)
• Do not intentionally spoil content for new watchers, regardless of the age of the content.
Discussion of religion or politics is allowed in a limited manner. You may discuss these subjects, but we will not tolerate any insults or attacks resulting from the discussion.
• Moderators have the authority to halt talk of religion or politics if they feel the discussion is getting out of hand.
• A moderator's judgment regarding this is final; If you are asked to stop, you must stop.
• Do NOT bring outside drama into the chat.
(Please keep these things in PMs or elsewhere)
• Do NOT discuss recreational drug use. Discussion of alcohol or nicotine is allowed, so long as you do not encourage others to use these substances.
(Marijuana discussion is NOT allowed regardless of the legality in your local area or elsewhere)
• Do not state or imply that you are a moderator if you are not, joking or otherwise. This will not be tolerated.
• Attempting to dance around the rules will not be tolerated.
• Please do NOT debate the rules with our staff in the chat.
(We will be happy to answer any questions or concerns in Private Messages)
• If you experience harassment from another user, contact any one of the moderators and we will do our best to assist with the situation.

If you have a dispute regarding a ban or feel that a moderator has treated you unfairly, PM RobotspaceWalrus and I will investigate.

If you encounter issues in regards to our video service, please explain your issue with great detail at (https://disqus.com/home/discussions/animejoytv/watch_anime_online/). We will have it fixed as soon as possible.

Welcome to Animejoy!

Last edited by Zero on Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:48 pm; edited 4 times in total

Zero
Admin

https://animejoymoderators.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New Ruleset - under possible revision as part of forum cleanup Empty Re: New Ruleset - under possible revision as part of forum cleanup

Post by Zero Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:07 am

From this point onward, please use this link when posting the rules:
http://pastebin.com/raw/KvTRzPjW
a bot command will be created later on as a temporary measure until this link can be assigned to the Uri .rules command.
It is a pastebin and won't be as nice looking as I'd like it to be. I will try to create something that looks nicer later when I'm not at work, but this will be good enough for now.
Note: Also added version number to rules in an attempt to keep track of changes. This one is 2.1.0.

Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Ruleset - under possible revision as part of forum cleanup Empty Re: New Ruleset - under possible revision as part of forum cleanup

Post by onehellofabutler Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:33 am

Lets use this: http://animejoytvchatrules.chatango.com/

Looks a bit less mechanical and more friendly, while we wait for the update. -The Disqus link doesn't seem to work, is there a different URL?
onehellofabutler
onehellofabutler

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:47 am

I don't know anything about Disqus, however there is a working link to report broken videos on the videos themselves. May be best to just remove that note at the end of the rules since it doesn't work.

I do like the look of that rules link, but I have issue with it being hosted on a Chatango profile. Chatango profiles are often distorted or not viewable at all by certain phones or computers without flash or with outdated flash. For example, I attempted to check that link with my phone, I see a blank white screen with the account name and picture at the top.

Pastebin is by no means fancy, but the lack of any fancy elements makes it highly accessible to most devices. It works on every phone or computer I've tried to access it on, and it doesn't look bad, only a bit plain.

TL;DR version: Pastebin stays, for now at least, because accessibility.

Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sun May 22, 2016 2:05 am

hi, i've stolen jeff's account. does anyone mind if i clean up the language here a bit? some of it seems overly long and descriptive, like people aren't that stupid, just because something isn't written exactly in the rules doesn't mean it doesn't fall under a more general category, and dancing around the ruleset is already vs them...
plus they take far too long to read, i've noticed users being gone for a number of minutes when we direct them here

Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowCreep Sun May 22, 2016 8:45 am

Could I perhaps suggest slightly having a color switch between paragraphs or something? It break the longness of the text as people are reading it. The way it is now, will probably become long and boring.

ShadowCreep

Back to top Go down

Post by RobotSpaceWalrus Sun May 22, 2016 11:29 am

The current method of rule hosting, pastebin, doesn't give us that option AFAIK. The forum does, but most of the time when people read it, they read it on the link given by uri, the pastebin. I had been looking into an alternate host site but never had the time to find something that works well. Thinking a wordpress or google docs may be able to do it better.

RobotSpaceWalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by RobotSpaceWalrus Sun May 22, 2016 11:32 am

Also, no one will mind if you shorten them, I think. However this is already shorter than they were before. Many unnecessary lines were removed when switching to this.

As an added note, I've heard a few people say that the disqus link given for reporting broken videos does not actually work. That may be best to remove if this is the case.

RobotSpaceWalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by onehellofabutler Sun May 22, 2016 6:30 pm

Please do shorten away. Also maybe a Weebly or WIX website would work for hosting them, I wouldn't mind dressing that up, if everyone thinks it would work for cells and other devices. I believe they are both supposed, and moreover should given we aren't needing flash for anything.
onehellofabutler
onehellofabutler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down