Anime-Joy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OtakuBandit (high alert)

3 posters

Go down

OtakuBandit (high alert) Empty OtakuBandit (high alert)

Post by Zero Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:20 am

So this guy has basically begged me to a be a mod several times, apparently creeps around a little bit, is in his late thirties/early forties and is super melodramatic about EVERYTHING, as if me telling him that i don't consider people i barely know as mods is a personal attack on him. A couple of users have commented on him so I wanted to ask you lot if you've seen anything at all suspicious?

Zero
Admin

https://animejoymoderators.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

OtakuBandit (high alert) Empty Re: OtakuBandit (high alert)

Post by JonnyJoestar Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:35 am

Definitely odd, and I find the way he acts more akin to a moody teenager and it's pretty offputting if the age he claims is actually true, which is more than likely as I guess no reason to lie about it. I'm not too sure if I'd consider him suspicious, or creepy but that's my own experience and of course it's also more than likely people have seen different times I wasn't around. Just seems like a guy that needs a little hit of reality and realize his teen years are behind him. Not a horrible guy, I've gotten along with him a few times but it always turns into a weird, overly-serious tyrade about anime girls and just.. pure cringe.
JonnyJoestar
JonnyJoestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:37 am

It could be very innocent, just a weird guy online, but I made this post to make sure I know the full story, so thank you for comments and if you see anything a bit borderline, screenshot it to here please. I wanna know this guy's deal for sure

Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:32 am

so jens just stopped the guy from putting a picture of an animegirl in a thong bikini as his bg...normally, i would not think that was a big deal i'd just be like "dude pg13" then move on with my life but the creepiness is adding up here...please, if you're not jens or jonny, get back to this asap

Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by onehellofabutler Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:39 pm

I talked to Jens a while back on how odd this fellow is (and frankly a little annoying, under the fact that he never knows when to drop a subject and will keep going on about it, even if he is the only one talking about it... For a very long time. He's also cringy because he seeks a lot of sympathy which mostly looks like an attention hunt. Lots of people like to be the center of attention, human nature to crave it sometimes I suppose... However he again does not know when to cut it out). He talks with the mentality of a seven year old, but somehow you can tell he really is an older person (I do believe his age).

Nothing wrong with being old and still enjoying anime though, considering anime is often made by older people, for older people. Its just his consistent mentality that sets him out as odd, creepy and cringy. -He did mention before that people from his last regular chatroom called him "the king of cringe" or something like that (he was rooting around for people on AJ to tell him it wasn't true... No one did), apparently he has a reputation.

I don't have any grounds beyond the fact that he's annoying, and highly cringe worthy, to ban him. But the creep factor is definitely there. Is he a stalker or pedo type? I don't know, could be. But I can't judge people either way, until I know more about them. But yes, since the creep factor is high I'd say putting him on watch is a good idea, especially after his reactions on not obtaining modship...
onehellofabutler
onehellofabutler

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:59 am

okay so he just posted this in chat....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgrTPtwyQ3A

Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by onehellofabutler Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:09 pm

Not against the rules, given its on YouTube and not marked as adult content. But yeah I would have deleted it and said it was too borderline. Individual mod call for stuff like that. *shrug*
onehellofabutler
onehellofabutler

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:10 am

it's just so creepy though

Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by onehellofabutler Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:32 pm

Zero wrote:it's just so creepy though

Not defending the guy (not at all)... But honestly, you don't want much anime, do you? ^_^; A lot of it is on creepy/perverted side (either strongly hinted, or otherwise). Which is why it isn't very shocking to me... Not something I would watch personally, but still... Not a shock.
onehellofabutler
onehellofabutler

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:50 pm

i wouldn't find it that creepy if it wasn't for all the other things i've seen. nothing completely against the rules but things which encourage sexual objectification of women and make me uneasy, given how much i try to make this a comfortable place for women to go. i mean, i get it, the dude probably jerks off to anime, but he seems kind of obsessed with anime girls in sexual positions, outfits, and making moany-type noises. it worries me, not necessarily because he's a pervert oranything, but because it's undermining the work i've been doing here for the past year. maybe i'm the odd one out here but for me making this a safe, comfortable and welcoming place for women and other minorities is paramount. I don't imagine a woman coming to a website and seeing that video would give the impression that this is a welcoming, no-harassment place.
I might be overreacting, but i have to be strict with this stuff. If i'm not strict, people will abuse it and women will start to feel less comfortable, and that is not something which is going to happen under my adminship

Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down